If you have been reading my blogs you have gathered that I am a big fan of probiotics and the positive impact they have on health. Not yet convinced? Here are some other benefits of this friendly bacteria:
- Boosts immunity! Not only does it help to keep those nasty colds and viral infections at bay, but probiotics can also help you to get well 70% quicker when you do catch one. Why? Because about half of the immune cells in your body are produced in your digestive tract. Adding in plenty of good bacteria simply helps the healing process move along at a more rapid pace.
- Many a digestive tract woe can be helped, if not healed, with probiotics. Bloating, diarrhea, gas, constipation? All can be eased with these wonderfully helpful and healthful bacteria!
- Calms down skin irritations. The anti-inflammatory qualities of probiotics can aid in easing eczema, acne, skin allergies and more.
- Cuts down on cholesterol. Probiotics literally block cholesterol from being absorbed in the digestive tract.
- Lose weight! Studies at Washington University in St. Louis show that certain gut bacteria are capable of extracting extra calories from food. These bacteria are bifidobacteria, found in cultured dairy like yogurt and kefir.
- For losing weight, this is only part of the story – include prebiotics (which feed the good bacteria) and you’ll experience even more weight loss. Specifically, you will want to consume ogliofructose which is found in bananas, asparagus, chicory root, dandelion greens, garlic, leeks, onions, wheat and barley and stevia (stevia can be found in the baking aisle of your grocery store).
Also, take a probiotic supplement. For some information on what to look for and how to compare the various offerings out there, click here. Fermented vegetables like sauerkraut or pickles are also a good source for probiotics. Be sure to read the label, look for unpasteurized products; the pasteurization process kills the beneficial bacteria.
Have I convinced you to get your daily dose of probiotics?
About Angie Chaudoir:
Angie is dedicated to providing affordable alternative and/or complimentary services to align the body, mind and spirit to heal. Contact her at 1-800-493-8982 or email@example.com.