Lemon juice is a wonderful detoxifier. Drinking some lemon juice with warm water is a great way to kick off your day in a healthy way. Keep in mind that I am talking about live, fresh lemon juice. Those big green bottles and little lemon-shaped squeeze bottles are truly not a good substitute for the real thing.
Here are some other luscious ways you can use lemon juice in your meals:
- It’s grilling season, make sure to include lemon slices next to the other barbecue fare. Lemons are great for ice tea of course, but are also fabulous over grilled veggies and cold salads.
- Having a baked potato with that steak? Forgo the sour cream and opt for lemon juice, sea salt and pepper.
- Lemon juice over strawberries with a sprinkling of cinnamon is heavenly!
- Enjoy a quick al fresco lunch; mix tuna with a bit of olive oil, lemon juice and capers, serve with whole grain crackers.
- Mix lemon juice with a bit of orange marmalade or apricot preserves to use on grilled fish or chicken.
- Mix lemon juice, a tablespoon or two of Dijon mustard, and some fresh dill into plain yogurt; use this as a healthy dip for cucumbers, carrots and other crudités.
- Add lemon juice to your morning smoothie, think blueberry lemon, or peach lemon; that should perk up those tastebuds.
Now it’s your turn. What wonderful lemony surprises do you have to share with us?