Flowers are a traditional gift to give for holidays like Mother’s Day and Valentine’s Day. They are a welcome gift! Flowers are beautiful, they smell nice, and they dress up any room. How can you go wrong? But today I am asking you to consider the power of a single flower given just because.
One flower says to the receiver you are cherished, you are loved and you are appreciated. One flower turns a lunch date into a special occasion. One flower can make just any day a memorable day. One flower can hold a lot of power, for example:
- If you are having a difficult time with a relationship, and words escape you, a flower can speak on your behalf. It can say “I’m sorry,” “I love you,” and/or “Let’s make up.”
- If you are feeling sad, or lonely, and thinking that eating an entire cake in one sitting is in order, go buy yourself a flower. It’s a healthy and simple way to pamper you when you need pampering.
- Need to get noticed? Add a flower – wear it in your hair, carry it with you, tuck the stem in your hand bag, people will take notice and it is a great conversation starter.
- Place a flower in a vase and put it somewhere in your home where you can see and enjoy its grace. A live flower will bring life to your living space.
- Want to make a positive first impression? Whether it be your child’s teacher, a potential client, or your friendly neighborhood naturopath : ), saying “Hello” with a flower will start the relationship off with an optimistic and impressive tone.
- Create a cascade of smiles. Buy a flower and give it to a stranger. They will smile! Then tell them to pass the flower on to someone else later on that day. The next person is sure to smile as well!
This is the power of a single flower. Pass it along!