Fruits are God’s candy; they are sweet and satisfying and healing. Make friends with these fruits and see what they can do for you.
- Strawberries can offset the damage caused by a high fat meal! Just a cup of strawberries eaten after an indulgence lessens the oxidized LDL spike by over 110 percent.
- Figs are loaded with potassium, calcium and fiber. As well, they are an anti-oxidant wunderkind. Figs have the ability to nix the damage that can be done by less nutritious foods; those high in fat and sugar. Don’t take this as a license to make overindulgence a habit but do have some figs on hand when you have that diet slip up.
- Along with figs, peaches are also rich in potassium. Potassium-rich produce has been shown to be quite helpful in keeping your muscles strong and toned since such fruits help to create a more alkaline environment in your body.
- Pineapples are high in the enzyme bromelain and vitamin C, both of which aid in the healing process. If you are experiencing swelling, pain or bruising, eat some fresh pineapple! Bromelain is wonderful for healing heel spurs as well – along with a bit of yogic stretching – think downward dog.
- Berries are chock full of fiber, therefore they can really help with constipation issues. As well, berries have been shown to improve memory and lower blood sugar.
- Eating an apple before each meal may be just what you need to break through that weight loss plateau. In addition, their skin contains quercetin, which can aid against Alzheimer’s. Apples are also fiber-rich.
- Bananas help with stress and anxiety. They too are full of potassium, as well as magnesium which helps with the absorption of calcium. If you experience a bout of diarrhea, a banana will aid in putting back lost nutrients.
What miracle fruits do you enjoy?