If you find you are suffering from Adrenal Fatigue, there are several measures you can take on your own to heal your adrenals. With that said, it is always best to have the process monitored by a professional. As a Board Certified Naturopath, I highly recommend the following vitamins and herbs:
- Ashwagandha, used in Ayurvedic medicine to treat inflammation, is a potent adaptogen. It will help to bring physiological processes into balance, enhances the body’s ability to handle stress and normalizes production of cortisol. The suggested does is 250mg per day.
- Rhodiola is an energy and mood enhancer. It boosts adrenal function, and improves the body’s resistance to stress. Take 300 mg per day.
- Siberian ginseng boosts energy and fights stress. Take 150-200mg per day. A word of warning, Siberian ginseng can cause insomnia if taken before bedtime. As well it may affect some diabetes drugs and should not be used during pregnancy.
- Vitamin B-5 (pantothenic acid) helps adrenal function. Take 250-500 mg per day.
- Vitamin B-12 increases resistance to the effects of stress. Take 50-100mcg per day.
Also, make some Adrenal Recovery Soup, which has proved most helpful in adrenal support. This high-energy soup comes from Dolores S. Downey’s “Balancing Body Chemistry with Nutrition” seminars.
16 oz. green beans
1 cup chopped celery
1 zucchini, sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup tomato juice
1 cup spring water
2 tbsp. raw honey
1 tsp. paprika
1 cup chicken broth
Combine ingredients and simmer for one hour until vegetables are tender. Add pepper to taste.
Another yummy remedy is to drink licorice root tea. Just one cup a day can aid to restore adrenal function and help the body better cope with stress, be it physical, emotional, or chemical.
Stress, due to our busy lives, difficult journeys and toxic environment can all lead to adrenal fatigue, use these simple and restorative suggestions to aid your adrenals so they may function optimally for you.