Procrastination steals you of your motivation and momentum. When you are consistently engaging in activities that keep you from making those important steps toward your goal, you become stagnant. Even worse, you can fall behind. Nip your procrastinating ways in the bud with these easy steps.
1) If you are overwhelmed by your to do list, break each task down into smaller tasks. Now get through them, one at a time.
2) Move from thinking to doing. Some procrastinators tend to over think and re-think and never end up doing.
3) Determine what it is you really do not want to do and just do it. Get it out of the way. This way you will no longer waste your precious energy on it.
4) Determine if you need support. Do you need some moral support? Call a buddy whose advice you regard and talk it through.
5) Hire a consultant! Sometimes we know we have to do something, but the time it’s going to take to get there may seem daunting. Find someone who has the know-how and you can get from A to Z in a much quicker manner. A bit of cash is well spent when it saves you hours of time.
6) Be honest with yourself and face the fear. We many times remain in our comfort zones, despite the fact that they are actually uncomfortable. Go for it, get out of it, it could be exactly what you need to do to get to the next level.
Stop procrastinating and I promise you that your life will go easier! Share how you overcome procrastination below.