The wonders of castor oil will amaze you! A bottle of castor oil is a must-have for your home first aid kit. Over the next couple of blogs I am going to share with you information about castor oil and its many uses.
Facts about Castor Oil*:
- The oil is derived from the castor bean plant.
- Ancient people used castor oil, the seeds have been found in six thousand year-old Egyptian tombs.
- Castrol-R motor oil, used in high performance racing engines, was named thus as its main ingredient is castor oil.
- Ricinoleic acid is derived from castor oil and used to create synthetic flavors; including banana, plum, peach, and apricot.
- Dehydrated castor oil is used to make paints and varnishes.
On a special note, I would like to introduce you to Jamaican Black Castor Oil. This particular oil has shown to be most helpful in growing and re-growing hair! Want fuller lashes? Apply just a small amount to the base of your eyelashes before bed and watch for fuller lashes (be careful to avoid contact with your eyes, however).
There is a ton more, be sure to check out my next blog!
*This information and more can be found at Jack Elliot’s Santa Barbara Adventure site.