Last blog I talked about ways to boost your brain power through activity and rest. Now let’s talk about some healthy ingredients, foods and supplements.
- Get those Omega-3s! Especially from animal sources. Did you know that 60% of your brain consists of fat and 25% of this is DHA. According to a recent article from Dr. Mercola, DHA is “an essential structural ingredient of breast milk, which is believed to be a major reason why breastfed babies consistently score higher on IQ tests than formula-fed babies.”
- Coconut oil is chockfull of medium chain triglycerides (MCT), which aid your brain against neurological diseases. In other words, it keeps you sharp! Use coconut oil for high temperature cooking, it’s great for popcorn and stir fries. Add a Tablespoon to your smoothies or simply use it as a skin conditioner.
- Vitamin D is easy to obtain. Just go out in the sunshine each day! Better yet, go out and take off your shoes to receive the many benefits from Earthing. A few minutes of sun and skin touching earth can correct many an ailment. Sounds too easy, I know, and that’s the beauty of it!
- Healthy gut flora is essential for healthy brain. These two areas work together like a symphony. Search the word “probiotic” on my blog and you are bound to come up with numerous entries that talk about the importance of probiotics; the healthy gut bacteria necessary for strong digestion, immune system, brain power and more!
- Eat your berries. Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, cherries – harvest these brightly colored gems and keep your memory powerful. For yummy recipes, click here.
Here is to us Brain-iacs!